Udaya Public School has a rich Library with over 10,000 books. Our Library consists of fiction, non-fiction, competition-level books, course books, educational board games and educational DVDs.
Starting 2018, we are switching over to a computerised book issuing process.
Also, Udaya Library has started issuing Library Cards for parents from 2018. Parents can avail the card for an annual fee and can enjoy reading along with their children.
Rules & Regulations
- Every student must possess his/her Library Card while making use of the Library facility and produce the same to the Library Staff on entering the Library.
- Strict discipline must be maintained in the Library. Indiscipline may lead to disciplinary action and the library privileges may be withdrawn.
- Students are only allowed to bring pencils and a register in the library. Pens and any sharp object that can cause damage to books will be confiscated and library privileges will be withdrawn with immediate effect.
- One Book will be issued to any one student at a time and for specific number of days only.
- Reference material should not be taken outside the Library.
- Books for overnight reading will be issued at specific time as decided by the Librarian and the same must be returned before 9.30 AM next day.
- Newspapers and Periodicals are issued for Reading in the library. Journals will be issued for current reading in the library only.
- When Books are issued, students should check the pages of the issued books and if pages are found missing, they should report the same to the Librarian before leaving the Counter. On returning the books, if pages are found missing, then the last borrower of the book shall be held accountable for the missing pages and shall accordingly be fined.
- Students are required to handle books and reading material very carefully. Marking library books with pencil or ink, tearing the pages or spoiling the same in any other way will be viewed very seriously. In such case, the last reader will be held responsible unless he shows the Librarian at the time of issue that the book had been previously marked or damaged. In the event of damage of any kind, the last reader will be liable to compensate for damage. Books will have to be replaced.
- It is observed that some of the students do not return the Library Books on or before the due date stamped on the date slip attached in the book depriving other students. In order to prevent such students from keeping Library books with them beyond due date, the fine charged will be as follows:
First week after the due date: Rs. 5/- per day
For second week after the due date: Rs. 10/- per day